Title: Fund Development and Program Assistant
Position Type: Summer Student (through Canada Summer Jobs)
Job Region: Fraser Valley – Langley
Application Deadline: Posted until position is filled
Job Start Date: Flexible, but no later than July 2, 2019
Length of contract: 8 Weeks
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Langley, (BBBSL) has helped build life-changing friendships between young people and our dedicated team of volunteers since 1974. We are currently seeking applications for two summer students for the position of Fund Development and Program Assistant. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours, have access to a vehicle, submit a current clean criminal record check and drivers abstract and like variety in their work day.
Langley and area is a vibrant community of more than 120,000 in the beautiful Fraser Valley, with a rapidly growing and changing demographic. BBBSL is searching for an individual who is eager to help us meet the community’s developing needs and shares our vision of service to children.
The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director, while at the same working closely with other staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Must be a youth, between the ages of 15-30 (as per Canada Summer Jobs Grant requirements)
- Have a good knowledge of general office systems and procedures
- Be proficient at keyboarding and an intermediate level of knowledge and skill using standard office (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, and database), communication (e.g. e-mail, internet), record keeping and creative design applications are preferred
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Have excellent communication (oral, written and presentation) skills
- Be able to handle confidential material with discretion
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle
- Have experience working with children and organizing events
Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours that include some evening and weekend work.
This is a full-time, 8-week contract position (35 hours/week) and offers a salary of $15.00/hour. Hours may qualify for practicum requirements – must be confirmed through individual programs.
Please forward applications and cover letters marked confidential to Roslyn Henderson, Executive Director, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls will be accepted.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.