The Big Brothers mentoring program provides boys and young men with a role model to talk to and share the experiences of growing up with. Through regular outings, a relationship is developed between the mentor and the mentee, which is built on trust and common interests, and is supported by our experienced case-workers. The result is a life-changing experience for both the mentor and the mentee.
The program strives to do the following:
- Provide a role model and a friend for boys and young men
- Promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers
- Instill trust and self-confidence in order to make healthy decisions
- Encourage leadership skills and independent thinking
- Have mentors make a difference while having fun
- Age requirement of a child for enrollment is 7 – 14, but once matched can stay in the program until 18.
- Applicant must live in the Township or City of Langley.
- Children must be interested in the program
- Children must be available to meet for 2 – 4 hours, once a week for the first year, with a focus on low to no cost activities.
- Matches require a commitment of at least one calendar year.
- Age requirement: 19. No upper age limit.
- Applicant must live or work in the Township or City of Langley.
- Able to commit to spending 2-4 visits per month with your Little Brother for a minimum of 1 year
- Matches meet 2 – 4 hours with a focus on low to no cost activities.
- Have access to a vehicle